Monday, July 12, 2010

OTWC Challenge





The Off the Wall Craftiness challenge this week is to use the colors: Teal, Tangerine and your choice of white, cream or black also. I made this layout of Kaylee from her beach trip earlier this year. I thought some white seashells would look cute on it, so I actually used some seashells that I had picked up on the beach when I was there last week. The tangerine colored background paper was used and then I cut the umbrella from the A Child's Year cart. It was actually part of a cut with more on it, but I fit it to the page and then cut the part I wanted to use off. I used a tangerine and cream colored page for it and cut another one in black and layed it under my original cut to form a shadow. I then added some stickles to the stars in the umbrella. The picture has a teal and cream background. (I don't think the colors showed up really good in the picture I took) I then went around it with my opaque marker to add some faux stitching lines to it.

Be sure to check out OTWC to see all of the entries this week and to enter your own project. http://offthewallcraftiness.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Kim Wilson said...

You are sooo sweet! I was totally on my way over when you sent me the comment :) I was going to ask where you have been ha ha! Thank you for playing, that umbrella is too cute!

Beckie Williams said...

I love the umbrella. I always seem to forget the fit to page button LOL Thanks again for sharing.