Monday, August 30, 2010

Flower Earring Cards

I first saw the Fence card with flower earrings at greenbeancrafterole's blog here: http://thegreenbeanscrafterole.blogspot.com/. I wanted to make my own version of her fence and had thought of some additional ones to make as well. This is what I came up with.

For my earrings, I purchased small bunches of flowers for 99cents a bunch at HL and cut them off of the stems. I then hot glued these to some earring backs that came for HL as well. I think these are a perfect size for the earrings. (I actually wore a white pair around most of the day, lol.)
Here is what the finished earrings look like before attaching them to the card.

Of the ones I came up with, this was by far my favorite. I love how the shoes look. The shoes are cut from Wall, Decor and More and I used black glitter paper for them. The beige flowers were added to this card. I used the Crop a Dile big punch to make the holes to attach the earrings through. The background card base is from Wild Card and it was cut with a beige shimmer cardstock. I then used the Storybook marquee cut for the inside.


This is my take on the fence card. The fence is from My Community and embossed with distressed stripes and the vines are cut from Zooballoo. This has the same background paper and inside cut as the shoes cartridge, but in a slightly darker shade.


The cut on this card is from Wall Decor and More and the inside cut is from Home Decor.

I will definitely be making many more of these for gifts. I am also going to try to think of some more shapes that you could incorporate the flowers into as well.

6 comments:

Andi said...

I love love love love the pumps!!! Did I mention I love the pumps yet? lol. Great job!

Jess (aka Sparksgal) said...

Great job! What neat idea - definitely a great gift idea to keep in mind. :)

shari said...

What a great idea! I love it. Shari (cricutrookie)

Blue6366 said...

Oooh, I likey...

greenbean said...

these turned out fab!...and omg!...i'm dying over the pumps!....love those!...

Georgiana said...

Such a neat idea! I have tons of those little flower bouquets, so now I know what to do with them.

Thanks!
Georgian : )

P.S. I have an old spice rack I could use. If you happen to have a picture to post, that would be a great share.