Monday, August 16, 2010

Utensil Holder


My Sheri Crafts (http://myshericrafts.blogspot.com/) challenge this week is to make a kitchen theme project. I saw this while out shopping earlier today and thought it would make a great utensil holder. I used the Wall Decor cart to cut the Rooster in Vinyl to add to this. I once again used the joint tape to adhere the vinyl and it made things so easy. (BTW, you can get a large roll of it from Walmart for about $4. I bought my roll at the beginning of the year and still have the majority of it left) I took some pictures to show you how I worked with the vinyl and joint tape. This has been working great for me and made working with vinyl so much easier.


I apply the joint tape to the image before removing it from the paper.

Then use the cricut spatula to remove the vinyl.
Now, your image will lay straight and then you can use the spatula to pull the joint tape off of the top. This tape is not very sticky, so it comes off easily and does not leave any kind of residue.

2 comments:

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

Wow! That container is very cool! My SIL would love this! TFS!

P.G. Lamb said...

Jean, this reminds me of Twilight colors. :-D What a great project!