Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 9 of 20 days of Christmas: Christmas Candy People

For Day 9, I have some Christmas Candy Men to share with you. You probably remember the pumpkin men and football men I made before, so I decided to make some for Christmas. Out of all of them, the present seems to be everybody's favorite. I actually made 30 of them for one of my sister's work.

To make these, I used the sixlets candy like before, but I found holiday colored ones for the Christmas people.
I made my cuts and then took 4 of the sixlet packs and stapled them to the back of the cut.  Once they are stapled, I then glued the front of the cut on to finish them off.  I cut all of the shapes between 3 1/2 and 4 inches.

The present is from the Smiley Cards Gypsy Cart.  I used a white pen to draw the circles on the ribbon, a glitter pen on the cheeks and added some google eyes.
The ornament is from the Simply Charmed Cricut Cart  I added google eyes to the face.
The tree is from Create a Critter Cricut Cart and I used some gems and strips of paper to dress it up.  I also added google eyes.
The candy is from the Simply Charmed Cricut Cart and I added some glitter around the packaging and some google eyes.
I am linking these up here:



Party Button
mmm button

15 comments:

Celeste B. said...

Awww, they are ADORABLE!!!! What a cleaver idea; I think I'm going to scraplift this one!! TFS! :)

mom2maddie06 (Misty) said...

I love these, they are so cute!!

Rhonda Emery said...

love these they are all so cute.

Besthobbyeva said...

So cute!! I love them and their little faces! Great job!

Tanya said...

Aww these are so cute, what a great idea!

LesleyfromWI said...

What a cute idea. These are adorable!

Rose said...

They are adorable!!!I don't have these cart,but I have Joy of the Season maybe I can find something in it.TFS
Rosebud222222222@aol.com

Norma said...

So adorable and a gret project to do with my son!! I think I will be doing these for my son's class:) Thanks for sharing:)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So cute! Love the candy cut!

Valerie said...

Your Christmas version is just as adorable as the Halloween ones!

motherloves3 said...

They are so adorable. You have such wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Running Turtle said...

Love these! I need to buy some of those candies!! These are very clever and cute! Thanks for sharing!!!

AllieMakes! said...

How cute are those! Super sweet!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Sara Jo said...

These are adorable! :)

Lisa said...

I love how you use candy's to make the arms and legs.