Monday, January 10, 2011

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge 42: Winter Warmies: Design Team Project

This week, the challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut is Winter Warmies.  We were asked to create a project using our Cricut that incorporates some winter clothing: scarf, hat, mittens, etc.  Be sure to stop by FCCB and enter your own project into this week's challenge here: http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/

For my project, I made a layout using the 3 Birds on Parade cartridge for the bird and the title.  I used the Storybook Cartridge to cut the frames and the pictures.  I also used a glitter gel pen and a white opaque pen to add some details.

To make the pictures be cut with the frame shape, I started out by using my Gyspy to size the frame and picture how I wanted them to be on the page. I then cut out the frame in the picture size using some scrap paper.  Once I had the cut made, I placed my picture under the cut on the matt where the frame was and then recut the same thing so it would cut my pictures in the shape I wanted.


12 comments:

Besthobbyeva said...

What a cute layout. I love idea of cutting the pictures to match the frame!! I am going to try that. I love the little bird!

Saundra said...

Great layout, Jean! Thanks for the cutting tips. That would be much easier than using the center point fuunction. I always am a little off when I use that.

Happy Crafting!
~Saundra :)

Helen said...

This is so cute!! And thanks for the great tips :)

Angi Barrs said...

Adorable. Love that little birdie. :)

2 Ducky said...

Pic to frame is awesome. Love how you did this. And the photos below in the snow is so awesome. Can't wait to go play up in the mountains soon. We hardly ever get snow, so I am being forced to go to it!!! Stay warm and have fun crafting.

Kate said...

Oh Jean - what a GREAT tip!! Thank you so much!
Great layout too! That poor little chick looks as though it's freezing!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute! Great cutting of the photos, I have cut circles around them but never a fun frame!

Rhonda Emery said...

super cute layout. love it. hugs

Turnedgypsy said...

love your blog. i have giveaways that are to help the children's art department earn a cricut. so please help out and maybe win great prizes at the same time. here is how

I love your blog. I did the linking party with Maggie and found you that way.

I am trying to earn a cricut for the Children's art department.

http://www.facebook.com/JingerAdams

TELL JINGER "CHRIS WOOTEN SENT YOU"

EASY WAY TO WIN RIGHT. Well here is what I am giving away

SCAL
CRICUT APRIL SHOWERS
1 YR PAPER CRAFTS MAGAZINE
36 CT BIC MARKERS AND CASE

please tell your friends to help me earn the cricut for these kids

CricutLvr!! said...

Your lit' guy is so cute with that scarf!! Great L.O!! Love it!!

Beckie Williams said...

OMGOODNESS how creative is this!! I love the tip for the shaped photos. I see Mickey head photos in my future!!

Valerie said...

That is awesome how you got the pictures cut!! Very cool:)