Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bowling Birthday Bouquet and Pin

Kaylee has already had a familiy birthday party and I gave her present to her then, but she is having a bowling party this Saturday for her friends from school.  I wanted to take a little something for her to this party, so I decided to make her a bowling bouquet and I also decorated a little wooden pin for her as well. 

For the bouquet, I started out with a little pink bucket from Party City.  To decorate the bucket, I used white vinyl to cut the bowler girl that is from an svg file from svgcuts.com and the letters for her name from the Don Juan Cricut Cartridge.  Then, I used the Nifty Fifties Cartridge for the bowling pins and ball.  The sentiment area was cut from Plantin Schoolbook and then I printed "All Lanes Lead to you having a happy birthday" directly onto the shape using the Cena font and then I added some faux stitching with a white gel pen around the edge.  I finally glued these all to dowels, inserted them into some styrofoam at the bottom of the bucket and filled it in with some pink shredded paper.

For the bowling pin, I had some little wooden pins that came from a kid's play set.  This is how the pin looked to begin with.
The pin was spray painted white and then I hand painted a pink stripe on the top. The K is cut from pink vinyl and the font is from the Don Juan Cartridge.  



I am entering this into the challenge at Celebrate the Occassion.  The challenge is "Anyting Goes" Birthday theme.  You can find the blog here: http://celebratetheoccasion.blogspot.com/

27 comments:

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What a fun idea, very cute! Thanks for joining us this week at CTO :)

Linda said...

OMG! This is sooo cute!! Thanks for playing with us at CTO! :)

Anita said...

This is tooo cute!! Anita

Unknown said...

WOW this is too cute. I love the idea. Thanks for playing with us at CTO.

Stacy said...

Jean,
This is super cute. I love how you did her pin
Hugs
Stacy

Melissa said...

Very nice project, thanks so much for Celebrating the Occasion at CTO!

CraftyJAR said...

Lovely idea, it came out really nicely! Thanks for playing along with us on CTO.
Judy

Adrian said...

Great idea, look so nice! Thanks for joining @ CTO!

Faith Abigail Designs said...

This is so cute. That bowling pin turned out so adorable!

The Cropping Canuck said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Jean--this is soooooooooooo cute--I'm totally scraplifting this idea girl! I just LOVE every single detail--the bucket, the picks, the pins!

Big Cricky Hugs,
K

Liz said...

Cute Idea!

Rhonda Emery said...

I bet she loved this. it is so cute. sounds like a fun birthday. love the idea. hugs

Lisa Norris said...

That is just tooooo cute! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Great project, I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at CTO.

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

Really cute and clever!
-Paper Panther

Sentimental Scrapper said...

So super cute!!! What a fun idea!

Thanks for joining us at CTO!

Kimberly

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So fun! She will really enjoy this!

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

Such a fun idea! What a great bowling bouquet :)
Thanks for playing along with us at CTO!

♥ Rayna
http://purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com/

Yoshiras time to craft said...

cute project.thanks for playing with us at cto.

DIANA L. said...

Super cute idea!!.
Thanks for joining us at CTO this week. Hope to see your ideas for next weeks challenge
www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

You are always so kind to a comment. I just have to say how much I love this project! I bet your daughter and her friends just loved this! What a great idea with the extra pin... very clever!

Jean said...

Thanks Kim. Kaylee is my niece and she loved the pin. We all had a good time at the bowling party. :)

girlia said...

Wow, Love this thanks for joining us at CTO

Besthobbyeva said...

So clever, I am sure a big hit!! Great job!

Aim said...

This is GREAT!! What a terrific and FUN idea!!

Thanks so much for joining us at CTO!!

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
scrapbookingwithamy (at) gmail (dot) com

Lisa said...

Love your ideas. They are always creative and fun.