Friday, May 6, 2011

Everyday in May Celebration with Cooking with Cricut

Over at Cooking with Cricut, we are celebrating the blog-aversary with a celebration project everyday and a blog hop that will be coming up on May 21st.  Be sure to stop by and check it out here:  http://www.cookingwithcricut.com/.

Today is my day to post and I decided my celebration would be a birthday party.  Of course, you could use this project for any party or theme.  I wanted to show you how you can create your own themed decorations for a party in an easy and inexpensive way.  Here is the party decor that I came up with. 

To create this party set, I started by getting my supplies at the Dollar Store.  You can get bags, cups and plates in pretty much any color that you are looking for there.  The straws can also be purchased there.
For the bag, I used pink vinyl to make the cuts for it.  I used the Birthday Cakes Cricut Cartridge to cut the Let's Party at a size of 4.32w x 2.76h and the George and Basic Shapes Cartridge for the flowers at a size of 1.88w x 1.71h.
For the plates, I made the same cuts at the following sizes: Title: 2.67w x 1.71h and the Flowers: 1.10w x 1h.

For the cups, I only cut flowers to put on them and cut them at a size of 1.88w x 1.71h (the same size used for the bags).  I used cardstock to cut the straw flowers.  For the flowers to go on the straws, I needed the circle in the middle of my flowers to be larger, so I used the gypsy to hide the circle that was originally there and add a larger one.  The flowers are a size of 2.14w x 1.94h and the circle is a size of .32w x .29h.

3 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Cute project! We are having a party tomorrow for my daughter turning 9!

Stacy said...

Jean,
This is really a cute project.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs
Stacy

Angi Barrs said...

Fun & Festive. Love it. :)