Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Couple of Sewing Projects

I have made a few sewing projects as gifts and I wanted to share those with you guys today. 

First, I made a coupon holder for my sister Britney.  She is big into couponing and has a huge binder with all of her coupons organized.  She takes a small holder with her when she has her specific coupons she is using for that day of shopping and she wanted a holder for it that would attach to the buggy.  I saw a few online, but they were bigger than she wanted so I just kind of winged it with making a pattern.  Once I had this sewn, I added some velcro to the straps so it would be able to strap onto the buggy.

The next project is an Alabama checkbook holder that I made for my mother.  This was made from a Simplicity pattern that I purchased from Hobby Lobby when they were 99cents.


7 comments:

Besthobbyeva said...

Wow your sewing skills are great!! I am sure both your sister and Mom will love them. Great job!

Laurie

Running Turtle said...

What great ideas!! I need to get my sewing maching out... thanks for inspiring!

Judy said...

Really great ideas... I could use them both...
Have a great day.
Judy

Rhonda Emery said...

great sewing love the projects you made very useful.

Jens Craft Corner said...

I think you did a fine job with your sewing projects. Love them!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is a great idea!

Charlotte said...

Jean, These are both great projects. I know your sister will really enjoy the coupon holder. I love the fabric you used to make it.
And the checkbook cover is fantastic. Well, all I can say about it is ROLL TIDE ROLL.
Charlotte