Thursday, July 14, 2011

Flicks (Movies) Layout

Over at Serenity Scrappers, the ladies have a fun challenge going on.  You have to make a scrapbook page with a family fun theme (something you and your family enjoy doing) and use a tool, embellishment, or technique that you haven't used in a while.  You can find their blog here: http://serenityscrappers.blogspot.com/

I was thinking about all of the things my family likes to do, and going to the movies is a big favorite for us and has always been.  Me and my hubby are both movie lovers and when we started dating we went to see about everything that came out.  I used to work at the movie theater when I was in high school and we would go see movies sometimes two and three nights a week during the summer months.  I always keep our movie stubs and I thought it would be fun to pull out some of the older ones from when we were dating and some newer ones and make a layout using them.  I also wanted to incorporate some movie posters on the layout, so I printed out some movies we like to add as well.  (I have a ton of more ticket stubs, so maybe I can come up with some more projects to use those for.)

 Here is a closer pic of the texture on the popcorn. 
Here are the details:
Popcorn Bucket: Carousel Cricut Lite Cartridge
Flicks Sign: Nifty Fifties Cartridge (added red skittles to the sign)
Popcorn Pieces: George and Basic Shapes (welded three circles together with Gypsy)
For my technique that I haven't used in a while, I used white puffy paint and a heat gun to add texture to my popcorn and make it look more realistic. I haven't used this technique since I made my Christmas cards last year.  It works great to make real looking snow.

To add the texture to the popcorn, you just need Tulip Brand puffy paint and a heat gun.

You can put a small layer of the puffy paint onto the popcorn cuts and then it takes about 10seconds for the heat gun to puff it up.  It will be completely dry after you use the heat gun also, so there is no down time waiting on this to set.  Here is a pic where you can see the difference from before and after the heat gun is used.


7 comments:

Besthobbyeva said...

Jean - this page came out awesome. What a great way to remember the movies you saw! Loving, loving the popcorn, it looks so real.

Thanks so much for playing with us over at SS!!

Laurie
serenityscrappers

Audrey Frelx said...

Hey, Jean!!! Great layout and love how you used the puffy paint for the popcorn!!!

Thanks for stopping by while I was gone! Glad to be back -- missed you all and missed crafting!!! LOL!

Stacy said...

Jean,
What an awesome layout, I love how you did the popcorn. This makes me want to go to the movies
Great job
Hugs
Stacy

Angi Barrs said...

So super fun Jean. We are big movie fans here too. During the summer months we live in the movie theater. LOL

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great lay-out! Love the popcorn!

Kel said...

great idea..what fun.. thanks for joining challenge at SS

Lisa said...

This makes me want to eat pop corn.