Friday, July 8, 2011

Wedding Heart Layout

Card Creations and More by C has three monthly challenges going on right now.  One of those challenges is Inspired By where you need to make a project that is inspired by a work of another bloggy friend.  You can find her blog and challenges here: http://cardcreationsbyc.blogspot.com/.

I saw the most adorable layout earlier this week made by one of the founders of The Paper Variety challenge site and I wanted to use the sketch/concept of her layout for a wedding layout.  She made a layout about her dog with a heart filled with journaling and I loved that idea.  I thought this would be great time to do that layout and enter it into this challenge.  You can see the layout that inspired me at Scrap with Suzy here: http://scrapwithsuzy.blogspot.com/2011/03/ruff-day.html.

For my layout, I started with background paper from the Just Married paper stack by The Paper Studio.  The heart was cut with pearlescent paper using the Create a Critter Cricut Cartridge.  I then outlined the heart with a black marker.  The sentiment in the corner is a sticker I picked up at Michaels.  Finally, I added some journaling about our wedding day inside the heart with a pen.  I think having the journaling be handwritten adds a nice touch to the layout.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Jean,

I love everything you've been doing lately! I have an award for you on my blog!

Ashley said...

Such a beautiful layout! TFS!

♥Ashley

Besthobbyeva said...

Great layout!

Paula Bee said...

What a great layout! I love that background paper! Thanks for joining us at Card Creations & More!!

Stacy said...

Jean,
Your layout turned out great, I really like the background paper you chose!
Great job as always
Hugs
Stacy

Rhonda Emery said...

how beautiful jean love it

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great lay out!

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful. Love the background paper. :)

Card Creations by C said...

Great job...very elegant and pretty. I have that paper too. Thanks for joining us!