Thursday, August 18, 2011

Perry the Platypus Lunchbox

Kaylee and my sister Britney love the Disney Show Phineas and Ferb.  They have those shirts that just have the face of Perry the Platypus on them and I saw these blue lunchsacks at Target in their dollar section for $2.50 and thought they would be perfect to paint him on.  I love how they turned out and Kaylee and Britney loved them too.  I took them out to them last night and Kaylee said she was taking hers to school today and Britney was taking her to work, so they were definitely a hit.

These started out as plain lunchsacks.

I used a black sharpie to draw out the face. 
Next, I used paint to fill in the colors.  It took two coats of the white and three coats of the orange, but only one coat of brown.
Here are the two lunchsacks finished.


10 comments:

scrappin2babygirls said...

this is such a cool idea.. im gonna have to try this.. or something similar to this.. my nephews love that show lol they'd love one of these. If you don't mind my asking... did you just free hand the face? or did you get it from somewhere? Thanks so much for sharing your awesome idea.. Oh and.. what kind of paint did you use?
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Jean said...

Thanks so much Jamie. I sent you an email, but I wanted to answer your questions here as well. I did freehand draw the face, I found a picture I liked on the internet and initially tried to trace it into SCAL and cut it, but the lines were not coming out clean, so I just freehanded the drawing. For the paint, the white is fabric paint, but the brown and orange are acrylic craft paint. Both types of paints are safe to wash also, but the acrylic paint will fade some over time with washing and that is why I used multiple coats. Hope that helps. Would love to see if you make one.

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, you always bring a smile to my face!!! I just love you and your creations!!! Always such fun!

This is just cute!

DtsArt said...

oh these are too too cute! Who doesn't love Perry

2 Ducky said...

My kiddo loves that show. What a neat idea. Look at you getting all crafty. Wait... You are the epitome of craftiness. LOL!

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK...my daughter would love this. We watch Phineas and Ferb all the time.

And thanks for the sweet comment on the Lessology blog. :)

Valerie said...

Great idea for a custom lunch sack...wonderful!

Rhonda Emery said...

these are to darn cute great idea. your niece is one lucky little girl. hugs

Besthobbyeva said...

I love the little girl that always says, "Whatca doing".

I am sure you sis and neice loved them!! Such a clever idea!!! Homemade is the BEST!!!

Laurie

Campmom said...

I have been trying to find my 4 year old a lunch box he liked, you have solved my problem! Thank you!