Saturday, October 22, 2011

Spook-tac-u-lar Day 22: Crackle Boo Sign

Welcome back to Day 22 of Spook-tac-u-lar Halloween Crafts with Jean and Rhonda.  Be sure to stop by and see what Rhonda has to share with you at http://www.scraphappenswithrhonda.blogspot.com/ when you are finished here.

For today, I have a Crackle Book Sign to share with you. 
To make this, I used another wood block piece that I found marked down.  I also used Folkart Crackle Medium, Titanium White Paint and Metallic Gun Metal Paint.

To begin with, I coated the block with the gun metal gray paint and let that dry.

Next, I used the Crackle Medium and applied a thick coat over the gray paint and let that dry.
Finally, I applied the top coat of white.  As this coat dries, the crackle will begin.

Once this was completely dry, I used the Don Juan Cricut Cartridge to cut the word Boo out of black vinyl and apply it to the block.

Next, I took a piece of black ribbon with white stitch lines and a premade bow and hot glued them to the block to finish it off.

9 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is great! Love the crackle!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Cricut Couple said...

Oh, the crackle is one of my favorites! Love it!!!

Rhonda Emery said...

I love to crackle also love it.

Eva Laney said...

super cute, love the crackle paint...have never tried that yet.
va :0)
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com

Kyra Pittman Prater said...

How cute!! I just want to tell you how awesome you are! I tried to make a new project every day, but could not. I even tried to make them in advance. I love your work....and really look up to you!! Keep on keeping on...

Audrey Frelx said...

Great job, Jean! The crackle paint really does look so cool!!!

Luanne said...

great project! TFS

Luanne
myfootahead(at)gmail(dot)com
http://craftersreference.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing on how you did the crackle paint job on your sign!It turn out GREAT!Love the Bow!
rosebud222222222@aol.com

callyannc said...

You are 1 creative chick! Love it! TFS CallyAnn